Beginning June 15th, 2018 White Pines will offer seven consecutive weekends of extraordinary training in focused topics for Philadelphia-area artists. Leading off the series will be Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Doug Wright, who will offer Writing for the Stage the weekend of June 15th. Mr. Wright is the author of I Am My Own Wife (2004 Tony Award Best Play, Best Direction; 2004 Pulitzer Prize, Drama), Quills, and most recently War Paint. Other master teachers include Michael Latini, co-founder of Monkey Boys Productions, who will lead Puppetry in Performance; and Peter Danzig, Executive Director of Theatrical Trainer who will offer Holistic Wellness for the Creative Artist.
“These weekends are meant to offer local artists a unique opportunity to better themselves by working with master teachers on focused topics and disciplines,” says White Pines’ Executive Director Benjamin Lloyd. “We are thrilled to be hosting such a great collection of teachers!”
The weekend intensives will generally run Friday nights, and then during the day Saturday and Sunday. The cost is $250 per person and can be paid in full, or on an installment plan. Discounts are offered for those taking more than one weekend. Registration will be online shortly at the White Pines website.
- June 15: Doug Wright, Writing for the Stage
- June 22: Peter Danzig, Holistic Wellness for the Artist
- June 29: Barbara Dilley, This Very Moment
- July 6: Benjamin Lloyd, The Acting Teacher's Workshop
- July 13: Christianne Kapps, Adulting with Money
- July 20: Michael Latini, Puppetry in Performance
- July 27: Dani Bryant, Devising with Consent