December 15, 2016 - White Pines Productions is excited to announce a series of performances by some of Philadelphia’s finest performing artists, examining love, heartbreak, romance and relationships.
Benjamin Lloyd, the Executive Director of White Pines, says, “These shows were selected from a competitive pool of submissions and reflect both established talent like playwright Michael Hollinger, and up-and-comers like Alexandra Tatarsky. After our series Bright Nights which celebrated the talent of our ensemble Bright Invention, Cold Hard Love is a series for guest artists. With this series White Pines reinforces its place as an intimate venue where innovative shows happen.”
Jessika Brust of the musical group The Hourglass, said “Andre DiMuzio and I are delighted to be putting together our first ever Hourglass feature show! To play our songs of long distance partnership in an intimate venue like White Pines is an amazing opportunity. As connectivity is increasing and the world is shrinking, how do we stay rooted in our art, balanced as individuals, and still ride the wave of our rapidly evolving world? We can't wait to explore these questions with audiences at White Pines.”
The series runs from January 28th – March 25th. The lineup is as follows:
· January 27th & 28th: Michael Hollinger, TRIPTYCH: Three short plays on love and sex, (theater). Directed by Benjamin Lloyd. Four lovers form three couples in two apartments and one hotel room. Let the games begin . . .
· February 4th: Bright Invention Dinner Theater (improv). Three courses of fine dining, and three courses of spontaneous theater!
· February 10th – 11th: Josh McIlvain, SLIDESHOW (solo show). Real slides. A fictional family saga. An old-fashioned slideshow becomes a theatrical experience.
· February 17th: Grayce Hoffman, Game. Set. Match. (theater). Join “Girl” and her Tinder “Men” on a crazy adventure as the newly single 20-something sifts through one cheesy pickup line after another to find out what it means to “love” someone in today’s world.
· February 24th – 25th: The Hourglass (Jessika Brust & Andre DiMuzio), Over Land, Over Seas (cabaret). Two international performing musicians, two individual's stories of relationships made and lost while following a career in the arts.
· March 4th: Bright Invention Dinner Theater (improv). Three courses of fine dining, and three courses of spontaneous theater!
· March 10th: Alexandra Tatarsky, Americana Psychobabble (solo show). A tragicomic evening of song, movement, and monologue investigating the American psyche through the metaphor of heartbreak, the despair of feeling abandoned and betrayed by the American dream.
· March 17th: TBA
· March 24th – 25th: Celeste Walker, Colette Reloaded, (cabaret). Directed by Marshall May. The story of a 60-year-old woman’s examination of her life filled with loves, losses, goals, obstacles and questionable choices.
Most shows will perform more than once over their weekend. Please see the Cold Hard Love page on the White Pines site for more information about the shows.
All shows will be performed at:
The White Pines Place
7908 High School Road
Elkins Park PA 19027
Tickets are between $10 and $20, general admission.
For more information: 877-674-8338, or email@example.com